Best Water Flossers for Implants - Guide & Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Water Flossers for Implants - Guide & Reviews
- 1.1 1. 3-Mode Water Flosser Cordless for Teeth Cleaning
- 1.2 2. Nicefeel® Water Flosser Oral Irrigator Dental Care Power FC-168
- 1.3 3. Dentalski Professional Water Flosser Oral Irrigator DS-600w with 5 Jet Tips
- 1.4 4. Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser, Brilliant Black
- 1.5 5. Nicefeel® Cordless Rechargeable 3-Mode Water Flosser
- 1.6 Final Verdict
Dental implants are life savers, providing alternative solutions. They are used to replace missing or badly diseased teeth. More convenient than dentures which are temporary, dental implant is semi permanent needing change on the average after about 10 years. They offer maximum comfort are and very natural looking. A synthetic tooth root is inserted during a surgery, to hold a replacement tooth.
Dentists usually offer this option to people who lose their teeth due to periodontal disease or an injury. Replacement could be for a single tooth, several teeth or even for all the teeth in the mouth.
Dental implants require the same level of care you would use for natural teeth to ensure great dental hygiene. When you have dental implants your teeth and gum must be in top shape, as there is a high risk of infection especially in the first six months. To eliminate this risk, dentists advocate for strict dental hygiene, recommending daily brushing and flossing.
Flossing removes plague and food particles which are left behind after brushing. Some parts of the teeth especially the back is hard to reach and food article might get stuck in there, eventually breeding bacteria and causing tooth disease.
Dental flossing helps to eliminate all of these. There are two approaches to flossing; string flossing and water flossing. String flossing can be very inconvenient, causes gum bleeding and time consuming. However with water flossing you get faster and more effective results. Water flossers are convenient for everyday use and are more effective in reducing gingival bleeding, inflammation and plague.
Water flossing helps to prevent bacterial infection and is strongly recommended for individuals who have had tooth implants. Picking a product that flosses efficiently while offering you gum massages will contribute greatly to your oral and dental health.
Read on to discover five best water flossers for implants that are, in my opinion, the perfect options.
The Nicefeel® Water Flosser Oral Irrigator Dental Care Power FC-168 tops the list of best water flosser for me simply because it offers the most value in my opinion. It is moderately priced, gives me consistent results and very durable. The product was designed with ease of the user.
I look out for the following when making a choice of water flosser:
1. I check to see if the flosser is easy to use and requires minimal manipulation
2. If it offers effective cleaning after all the aim is to get very clean teeth
3. If the product is very easy to assemble and if there is detailed instruction in the user manual
4. I also consider whether it is handy and compact and suitable for travel
5. It must have a wide range of varied speed and pressure settings
6. The size of the water unit must be substantial
7. Rechargeable electric batteries
Because I have teeth implants, I also check to see if the water flosser has a rotating nozzle, specialised tips that offer low abrasion for teeth and gum which is gentler on my implants and when the flosser has varying pressure mode that can cater to my diverse dental health needs. The Nicefeel® Water Flosser Oral Irrigator Dental Care Power FC-168 does this effectively for me.