What Is The Best Water Flosser?
Our team of experts have reviewed the top water flossers out of hundreds of models!
Best Water Flosser - Reviews & Guide
If you have ever visited a dentist’s office for a bi-annual cleaning, chances are you have had conversations with your dentist about flossing. An integral part of proper dental hygiene, flossing helps strengthen teeth and gums while maintaining your overall oral health.
A water flosser is a device that streams a concentrate jet of water between teeth and gums to completely rinse away debris without leaving anything behind.
Dentists use air and water flossers in their offices during cleanings to rinse thoroughly and effectively, and there are many consumer kits on the market for people to use at home to clean their teeth thoroughly.
Here are the 10 best water flossers on the market to help you maintain the best dental health possible, and help your teeth last a lifetime. If you’re not sure about what a oral irrigator should include, or how they work, this guide is for you.
10 Best Water Flossers
- Waterpik WP 900
- Our Rating: 10/10
- Flow rate per minute is 400 mL. Pulses per minute is 1400
- 10 Pressure Settings, range 10 to 100 PSI
- Sonic toothbrush technology with 25% faster bristle speed
- High-volume reservoir with 90+ seconds of water capacity
- Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser
- Our Rating: 9/10
- Healthier Gums and Brighter Teeth in Just a Minute a Day
- Available in 4 Designer Colors
- Compatible With 120VAC/60Hz Outlets
- 10 Pressure Settings, 90 Seconds of Water Capacity
- Panasonic Travel Oral Irrigator
- Our Rating: 8/10
- Ultra compact oral irrigator
- Angled nozzles allow you to access all areas of the mouth
- Optimize the care and health of both your teeth and gums
- Bad breath and gum disease can be significantly reduced.
- Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser
- Our Rating: 8/10
- Easy and More Effective Way to Floss!
- Healthier Gums and Brighter Teeth
- Battery operated & Portable design
- Waterproof, may be used in the shower
- Poseidon Oral Irrigator
- Our Rating: 7/10
- Includes 3 Brush Heads.
- Inductive charging base.
- 2 minute auto shut off with 30 Second Interval timer reminds
- 31,000 Sonic brush strokes per minute.
- Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser
- Our Rating: 8/10
- The Easy and More Effective Way to Floss
- Healthier Gums and Brighter Teeth
- Advanced Ergonomic Design
- Nano Sonic Toothbrush
- Compatible with 120VAC/60Hz Outlets
- Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
- Our Rating: 8/10
- An easy to fill water tank & quiet motor
- BPA Free and FDA Approved
- Extra large reservoir is removable
- Rotating interchangeable nozzles
- Universal Voltage, 100 to 240V~50/60Hz
- Panasonic EW1211A
- Our Rating: 8/10
- Normal, Soft & Pulse Modes
- 1,500 pulses per minute
- Rechargeable Yet Waterproof
- 3 Water Pressure Settings
- 35 sec / 4 oz. Reservoir Capacity
- WaterPik Power Flosser
- Our Rating: 7/10
- Two Simple Steps to a Healthier Smile
- Position flossing tip in the space between your teeth at gum line
- Replaceable AA battery
- Run at 10,000 strokes per minute
- It is just as effective as using regular floss
- Philips Sonicare HX8211/02 Airfloss
- Our Rating: 7/10
- Removes up to 5x more plaque
- Helps improve gum health
- Fill, point, and clean for an easy
- Safe and gentle on teeth and gums
- Can be used with mouthwash
Water Flosser Reviews
With the many numbers of flossers available, many people find it difficult picking the best. This is why I have done my research to find out what is the best flosser and hence offering you with top 10 reviews of the best water flosser currently best selling on the market.
You’ll understand what a water flosser needs to be effective, and which products are the best on the market. After reading this, you will have a better idea of which is the best water flosser for you.
1. Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush WP 900
The Cadillac of home dental care products, the WP-900 has everything a person could want in terms of home dental hygiene.
A self-powered, cordless vibrating toothbrush in combination with a high quality waterpik makes for a dental care station that is second to none.
With a high capacity tank for up to 90 seconds of continuous use, an all-in-one charging base, this model takes up a minimum of outlet and counter space while providing a premium dental hygiene experience.
The waterpik includes five different cleaning tips for maximum effectiveness, and the toothbrush includes both a precision brush tip and a general cleaning brush tip for complete deep cleaning. With multiple pressure modes for both the waterpik and brush, this is truly a complete dental hygiene solution.
With its median price point and easily acquired replacement tips, the WP-900 is easily one of the best values on the market. The WP-900 should be the first choice for anyone in the market for a complete home dental hygiene solution, and offers more per dollar than just about any other model on the market.
2. Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser WP-660
A higher end model at an affordable price, the WP-660 provides up to 90 seconds of water pressure to keep your teeth and gums clean.
Like all water flossers, this model uses a pressurized stream of water to remove debris and tartar from where your gums meet your teeth.
The shape and spread of the stream can be altered with interchangeable soft plastic tips, allowing you to clean every variety of space between your teeth and gums.
High quality, easy to clean components make long term maintenance a snap, and the WP-660 can be set to both cleaning and massage mode to help stimulate gums and promote oral health.
The best thing about this model is the footprint: it doesn’t take up a tremendous amount of counter space in your bathroom, and it hold a surprising amount of water for how little space it takes up.
In terms of options, having seven different tips makes cleaning hard to reach places simple and easy. The massage feature is also an excellent addition to a waterpik, and leaves your gums tingling and feeling clean every time.
Best of all, this unit is clearly designed to last, and the simplicity of its features give it a shallow learning curve. The WP-660 makes an excellent kit for those who are looking for a high quality waterpik that doesn’t compromise on features.
To read our full review of the Waterpik Aquarius follow the link
3. Panasonic Travel Oral Irrigator
Best Water Flosser For Travel
The design of this water flosser is small and compact, so you can keep it on your countertop or take it with you when you’re traveling. You’ll love the way the water flosser fits in your bags or on your countertop.
You won’t have to worry about not having it with you when you can take it anywhere.The water flosser is easy to use. All you need to do is add water and mouthwash to the device.
When you’re done flossing, you can pour out the contents of the flosser to keep it clean. It’s the ideal way to make sure you don’t have any leftover mouthwash in the flosser.
The water flosser has about a 40 second run time to help you make sure you hit every spot in your mouth. You’ll feel refreshed and ready to go after you’ve used the flosser. It’s the best way to ensure you get all the plaque and buildup.
You won’t have to worry about anything staying stuck in your teeth.The water flosser has two different intensity settings so you can choose the best one for you. It runs at 1400 pulses a minute, getting all the plaque that’s built up. You’ll be able to have a thorough clean that makes it feel like you just went to the dentist. It’s a great feeling when your mouth feels and looks great. For all that above is on best water flosser's list.
To read our full review of the Panasonic Travel Oral Irrigator follow the link
5. Poseidon Inductive Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
If you have a problem with plaque build-up, this water flosser is designed to help get rid of it. It’s ideal for using it every day. You won’t have to worry about plaque build-up when you’re using this water flosser.
It’s the best way to ensure you have a clean and healthy mouth.The water flosser is a simple design that is easy for anyone to use. It assembles quickly to help you start flossing sooner.
The device is easy to use, and you can get it on the right settings for you. It’s the perfect way to make sure you have a clean and bright smile.
The water flosser will save you a lot of counter space. The charging base helps keep your bathroom counter clean and organized. It won’t take up a lot of space, leaving you more room for other bathroom products. You’ll love having everything at your fingertips.
This water flosser includes three different color coded tips for different users. It’s ideal for any family that wants to use one device for their cleaning. The design of the flosser is attractive and fits nicely in any bathroom. The sleek and compact design allows you to appreciate the way the flosser looks.
To read our full review of the Poseidon Inductive Rechargeable Oral Irrigator follow the link
6. Waterpik Cordless Professional Water Flosser
This cordless water flosser is easy to use for anyone. You’ll be able to get an effective way to floss with this device. You won’t have to worry about leaving any plaque behind after you use this flosser.
It’s a great way to make sure your oral health stays up to par, and to enhance your smile. When you use this water flosser on a daily basis, you’ll have healthier gums in no time. Your teeth will be brighter when you’re using this device.
It only takes about a minute a day, so you’re not spending too much time flossing. It’s ideal for anyone who values their time and energy. The ergonomic design allows you handle the flosser without getting any cramps in your hands.
It also features a dual pressure control, so you can choose the best setting for your gums. It’s the ideal way to make sure your mouth is completely clean. You’ll love the way you feel while you’re using the flosser. The device uses the Nano Sonic Toothbrush design to deliver excellent power to the tip of the flosser.
There are four water flossing tips included with the device to make sure you use it to its potential. You can use the flosser for 45 straight seconds to make sure you hit every spot in your mouth.
To read our full review of the Waterpik Cordless Professional Water Flosser follow the link
7. Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
This water flosser has high quality rechargeable batteries so you can use it for a long time. The water tank is easy to refill when it’s time to clean. The motor runs quietly so you don’t have to worry about excess noise.
It’s a great way to save money and get a high quality clean.The water flosser is BPA free, which is ideal for anyone who is conscious about chemicals in their products.
It’s also FDA approved, so you know you’re getting a high quality flosser. You don’t have to worry about struggling to put mouthwash in the reservoir, since it’s easy to remove.There are three different modes of operation on this water flosser.
You can choose the setting that is right for you to make sure your mouth is clean. It has a normal and a soft pulse to help you manage your oral health. The tips are color coded and interchangeable so other people can use it.
The nozzles on the device rotate to help you out. The nozzles are also interchangeable so other people can use the device. It uses a universal voltage, making it ideal for anyone who is traveling. It’s the best way to make sure you have it with you wherever you go.
To read our full review of the Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator follow the link
8. Panasonic EW1211A Dental Water Flosser
This water flosser features lithium ion batteries so you can recharge the device when it’s running low. The water tank is easy to refill, making it perfect for anyone who uses it daily.
The quiet motor prevents obnoxious noise coming from the flosser. The tip release button allows you to change it out easily. There are three different operating modes for you to choose from.
It includes a normal, soft, and pulse setting to get every part clean. The color coded tips are interchangeable, allowing different users to use it. It’s practical for any family that wants to have a water flosser in their home.
The water flosser uses a universal voltage so you can take it with you anywhere you go. It’s ideal for when you’re travelling and want to keep up with your oral hygiene. You’ll love the idea of having the water flosser with you when you’re out on the road.
The water flosser is BPA free, making it ideal for making sure your mouth stays healthy. It is also FDA approved, so you won’t have to worry about the device causing problems. If you’re looking for a water flosser that works for the whole family, and works to keep you safe, this is the one for you. As you will see in final verdict my personal choice as the best water flosser is this one for so many reasons.
To read our full review of the Panasonic EW1211A Dental Water Flosser follow the link
9. WaterPik FLA-220 Power Flosser
If you’re looking for a water flosser that doesn’t make a mess, this is the one for you. It doesn't use water to clean your teeth. It does run at 10,000 strokes per minute to give you a deep clean.
It’s ideal for anyone who doesn’t want to use water to get all the difficult places.The nylon tip on the flosser is flexible to handle difficult areas in your mouth.
You can slip the tip in between your teeth and gums to get places where plaque is likely to build up. It is gentle on your gums, so you won’t have to worry about bleeding. It’s ideal for anyone with sensitive gums.
It is easy to use so that anyone can use it. It is just as effective as using regular floss, but a lot easier on your hands. You’ll see how the flosser can drastically improve your gum health when you use this flosser.
It’s a great way to make sure your mouth gets completely cleaned. The water flosser includes AA batteries that are easy to change out. If you don’t like using cords, this water flosser is ideal for you. It also has 15 replaceable tips so you can change them out when it’s time. It’s the perfect way to make sure your gums stay healthy. Of course is not the best water flosser but it is in top 10 in my opinion.
To read our full review of the WaterPik FLA-220 Power Flosser follow the link
10. Philips Sonicare HX8211/02 Airfloss
If you’re looking for a water flosser that will deliver, this is the water flosser for you. It removes up to 5x the amount of plaque build-up compared to a traditional toothbrush.
You won’t have to worry about your mouth not getting cleaned when you’ve used this water flosser.When you’re using this water flosser, you’ll start to see the results in about two weeks.
If you’ve had issues with your gums, you can rest assured this will help improve your gum health. It’s the best way to help your mouth recover from any damage it has received in the past.
The water flosser is easy to refill when you need to add mouthwash to it. You just fill it up, point, and the flosser will start cleaning your teeth right away. It only takes 30 seconds a day to go over your mouth. You’ll love the way your mouth looks after you’ve used the device for a long time.
The device is safe and gentle on your teeth and gums, preventing your mouth from bleeding. It is ideal for using it with implants, veneers, and braces, making it one of the best ways to clean your mouth. You’ll love the way the device works to improve your health, and it doesn’t take a long time to see results.
To read our full review of the Philips Sonicare HX8211/02 Airfloss follow the link
When it comes to dental hygiene, it is important to make the right choice for your needs. You have to consider the physical footprint, included features, and durability. If your water flosser unit doesn’t fit well on your bathroom counter, it isn’t going to take up any or all available free space you have.
If it doesn’t have all the features you need or if it has more than you need, you aren’t getting the best value for your money. Finally, if a water flosser doesn’t hold up to regular use over time with inexpensive and readily available replacement parts, it isn’t providing an adequate value either.
My first choice for water flosser to use in my home is the Waterpik Aquarius WP-900. Space is at a premium in the master bathroom, and a rechargeable sonic toothbrush is a must for my dental care routine. Additionally, I like that this model has multiple pressure options for the waterpik, as tenderizing my gums like a steak is not something I particularly enjoy.
Waterpik is also the pre-eminent brand name in water flossers, so tips and brushes can be easily obtained at your local pharmacy or big box store. The WP-900 is unbeatable for the price, and Waterpik products possess an outstanding reputation for durability and longevity. When you go to purchase a water flosser for home use, choose a WP-900 from Waterpik, and choose the option that offers both quality and value.
Flosser Buying Guide
- Budget: You will be able to tell where your money goes if you decide to get a quality water flosser. You want to make sure you find one that will fit into your budget, and is affordable for you. Your budget is a huge factor when you’re looking for a water flosser. Different prices mean different features for a water flosser. You want to make sure you get the best water flosser for your money. You want to make sure you invest in a water flosser that will last you a long time, since you don’t want one you’ll have to replace.
- User: Depending on if you’re getting the water flosser for yourself, or another person, you should consider who is using it. Those who have sensitive gums should have one that has adjustable pressure settings. If you want one that doesn’t need the pressure settings, you can find some that have a single pressure setting. If you’re sharing the water flosser, it may be a good idea to get one that has a few extra features on it. How you use the water flosser will help promote oral health, and give your mouth a deep clean.
- Warranties: When you start looking at water flossers, you want to see what warranties and guarantees the water flosser has. You can find almost any water flossers that come with a yearlong warranty. There are others that come with a money-back guarantee. Depending on how you manage your money, it may be wise to take one that has a money back guarantee. Personal preference can have an effect on your decision as well. Make sure you know what to expect when you start looking for a new water flosser. This way, if you have any issues with it, you can return it and get a new one.
- Types: There are different types of water flossers available, so you want to consider each type before you make a decision. Countertops, cordless, and a combination of the two can help with your decision.
- Countertop water flossers have different pressure settings, making it ideal for multiple users.
- Cordless water flossers are useful if you travel around a lot and want to take it with you.
- Having a combination of the two will net you the most amount of benefits, so it comes down to what you want. As long as you know how you’re going to use the water flosser, you’ll be able to find the right one for you.
Flossing with regular dental floss can irritate your gums and have limited effectiveness. Food debris, plaque, and tartar can all be left behind by traditional nylon dental floss, causing irritation of the gums, plaque deposits, and tooth decay.
Improper or irregular flossing is also one of the leading causes of periodontal disease, which can lead to complete tooth loss and expensive surgery and prosthesis later in life.
You may be aware of the benefits of flossing, but there is an alternative method to flossing.
Fortunately, there is a better way to floss.
A water flosser is a great way to make sure your oral health is up to scratch. There are a number of things you should consider before purchasing a water flosser. If you’re unsure about which one to get, I recommend the Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator. It has interchangeable tips so multiple people can use it.
You’ll be able to see the results of the water flosser within two weeks. If you’re concerned about any harmful products in the flosser, it is BPA free and FDA approved to ensure you’re getting a quality water flosser. You’ll love the way they work to keep you healthy and looking good.